In today’s mainstream education, outcomes and competence based education plays an important part in content delivery and student assessments. The individual experience of learning is relegated to a secondary consideration.
At Shearwater, the commitment is to individual learning needs. We place experience-based education as first priority.
Since our inception in 1993, Shearwater has been identified by its unique and innovative approach to and expression of Steiner / Waldorf education in Northern NSW.
Our Areas of Innovation:
* Place, Landscape, Architecture, Rainforest and Wetlands Regeneration, Bio Dynamic Gardening
* Original lesson content reflecting geographic and contemporary appropriateness, particularly in the area of Early Childhood and Primary School
* Field Trips ( K -12) with destinations such as Garma (NT), Tasmania, North-West Island, New Zealand, Vanuatu, China, Japan
* Overseas Student Exchange Program
* Innovative Personal Development Program for Middle School, employing active meditative processes ( water colour painting, yoga and Eurythmy) combined with Current Affairs, World Awareness programs
* Wearable Arts Vision in Education (WAVE), an integrated performance event involving: Visual Art, Visual Design, Textiles, Dance, Design technology, Multi Media, Music, Drama, Entertainment Industry and Business Studies.
* ICT Shearwater as an Apple School of Excellence
* Annual Shearwater Film Festival and Multi Media